I think I made these little beauties back in my girl scout days, I cant remember. I do however remember making a bunch of these candy cane ornaments a few years ago (about 10, to be exact) when I was a poor college student and didn’t really have the money to decorate my tree. Sad, I know.
What I cant believe, is that ten years later, I STILL have them and I use them EVERY year on my tree. They were super cheap and super easy to make and you can make a bunch in all different color patterns. Whatever floats your boat. 🙂
(take a trip to your local craft store)
-White pipe cleaners
-Little triangle beads in lots of different colors
-Ornament hooks/or ribbon (i find the hooks are easier)
Stuff you probably already have:
-Measuring Tape or Ruler
1. Measure out your pipe cleaners to about 5 1/2 to 6 inches (it’s not an exact science)
2. Hook about 1/4 inch of the pipe cleaner up so the beads don’t slide off.
3. Start adding your beads in whatever pattern, or be crazy and just add random colors. you choose. 🙂
4. Once you’ve added enough beads and have reached the other end of your pipe cleaner, leave about 1/2 inch to hook cleaner back around to lock the beads on.
5. Bend into candy cane shape
6. You can hook a wire hanger through the top of bead on the candy cane, or be fancy and use a ribbon. Like I said earlier….hook, for me was easier.
7. Hang on your tree and enjoy!